This is the best beer bargain I’ve ever seen at a bar! Here’s what you need to do, and you need to do it fast because these discounts will expire soon:
- Launch Ebates or ibotta, search for ‘Groupon‘, then launch Groupon from within the app. Ebates and ibotta are apps that give you cash back on purchases. The cash back percentage fluctuates, but at the time of writing this post Ebates was offering 6% off Groupon, while the ibotta discount was 5%. Check out my posts Get paid to drink beer! Part 2 and Get deep discounts on awesome beer to learn more about these apps.
- Search for ‘Maison Tavern’ within Groupon. You should find the deal $12.50 for $25 Gourmet Pub Cuisine and Drinks, Monday through Friday at Maison Tavern.
- Click ‘Buy’, then click ‘Enter Promo/Gift Code’ and type in ‘SCARY’. This gives you a 20% discount to reduce the price of the Groupon to $10. Hurry though, because this discount code expires Saturday October 29. UPDATE: the 20% discount with code ‘SCARY’ has been extended for one more day, so will expire on Sunday October 30.
- Go to Maison Tavern in SoDo, Seattle. It’s a speakeasy-style bar with a focus on spirits and cocktails, but they also have a couple of great craft beers served in 16oz Mason jars: Georgetown’s Manny’s Pale Ale (88/100 on BeerAdvocate) for $5, or $4 during happy hour (which runs from 3:30pm to 5pm, Monday to Friday) and Two Beers’ Evo IPA (81/100 on BeerAdvocate) for $6.
- If you go on a Thursday, you can use the App-y Hour Special cash back offer from bevRAGE to get $2 cash back. You can also use the $1 off any draft beer offer. You can redeem a maximum of two bevRAGE Bar & Restaurant offers in a 24-hour period. To learn more about bevRAGE check out the posts Get paid to drink beer! and bevRAGE Update
- When I checked out, I didn’t have to pay any sales tax. Not sure why.
If you use all the discounts mentioned above, it works out to $6.40 for $25 worth of beer! If you were to purchase six of the Manny’s during happy hour it would come to $24. Or could drink five Manny’s during happy hour and one after, for a total of $25. Either way, you’re getting six beers for $6.40 which is just $1.07 per beer. For bars & restaurants, I generally think that $3 per pint is a bargain, so $1.07 is simply ridiculous. It’s the kind of deal you want to use every week, but unfortunately the Groupon is limited to one per person and can be repurchased every 180 days. You can be sure that I’ll be repurchasing if this deal is still around in six months.
Regarding the venue, I really liked the 1930s decor that was infused with modern touches like flatscreen TVs. It was busy when I went, but not overcrowded. Joseph was working the bar and did a great job cranking the drinks out to his thirsty patrons. A very cool spot to hang with friends after work. They close relatively early at 8pm (they convert into a nightclub on Friday and Saturday nights), so take this into consideration when making your plans. I recommend getting there as close to 3:30pm as possible so you can take full advantage of $4 Manny’s!