This week I checked out the new Lowercase Brewing taproom in Georgetown, Seattle, and was very impressed. Not only is the new taproom bigger and nicer than their South Park location (currently closed for construction), but the prices are fantastic too, especially for their 5oz tasters. They are just $1 each and that includes tax and, get this, tip! Yes, that’s right, tips from customers are not expected at Lowercase. My server explained that their philosophy is to pay staff well so tips are not needed. This reminded me of Optimism Brewing in Capitol Hill, which also has a no tipping policy. I’m hoping this trend catches on at more breweries, bars, and restaurants!
My flight of six tasters included the following:
- Mexican Lager – a lighter brew with loads of taste
- Pale Ale – your everyday brew… with a little bit of personality
- India Pale Ale – a balanced IPA for IPA lovers and doubters alike
- Extra Special Bitter Ale – an English creation with a stateside twist
- Brown Ale – a true Northwest original… combining craft beer and cold-brew coffee
- Irish Stout on nitro (Winter Seasonal) – dark and intense with just the right balancing sweetness
All really great beers. I highly recommend a visit to Lowercase next time you’re in the Georgetown area.
Get $2 Cash Back on THIRSTday!
bevRAGE will give you $2 cash back on any draft or bottled beer purchased on Thursdays! This brings the price of a 6 taster flight at Lowercase Brewing down to just $4 (tax and tip included). That’s 30 ounces of beer, almost two pints, for just $4. Now that’s a Best Beer Bargain! This cash back offer gets refreshed every Thursday! Boom!
Plus, you’ll get a bonus $2 when you sign up for bevRAGE with referral code XMVRYNYN and redeem your first cash back offer.